Friday, May 21, 2010

Faith produces courage

This morning at about 5.50 am when I was about to cross Jalan Gasing to SFX, a group of at least 4 motorcycles (all with pillion riders) pass by and suddenly one of the pillion riders alighted and came towards me with a small object probably a knife in his hand. He was smaller built than me and in the dark I was not too sure if it was a knife. Anyway I cried out " Tuhan" Apa lu mahu? at the same time holding my daily missal to shield myself as well as to knock him if he attacked me. I was angry but also relatively calm. Fortunately for me my Tuhan really heard me as a lorry driver who saw the scene started horning and the attacker then decided to run and all the motorbikes turn back towards the Federal Highway. I thank God for protecting and keeping me safe.

I was sort of anticipating trouble because yesterday morning another parishioner Josephine told me a biker tried to rob her when she stop at a traffic light. She escaped by choosing another longer route to Church but she was disturbed. Can we not expect to be safe anymore in our own homes. Yet we are told that the crime rate had dropped. I think it is probably most victims are fed up of making police reports knowing little will come out of it.

I am thankful to God and pray that he continues to afford us protection. I also pray for these extortionists that they realise what they do is wrong and should start looking for a more moral and legal way of looking for money. Thank God or giving me the courage to shout loud and confront the attacker and keeping me safe

2 comments:

  1. Yes, thank God you were unharmed. Don't always follow the same pattern of your day.. sometimes, we do no even know that we are being watched. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I just nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! Check out at the link below:-
    http://liftyouup.blogspot.com/2013/01/liester-blog-award.html

    Wishing you all the best,

    James

    ReplyDelete